Old meets new in one of the most ingenious ideas to celebrate our financial and innovative heritage. A working reproduction of the Universal Stock Ticker. Built to exacting standards of historical authenticity, yet, at the same time, taking advantage of today's precise mechanical standards.
After 100 years, the Universal Stock Ticker is back in production. We're proud to reintroduce you to a legendary symbol of Wall Street, unchanged from the days of Thomas Edison.
Designed in the 19th-century, and now ticking again in the new millennium, the Universal Stock Ticker is capable of working if connected to the original 1870s transmission lines. However, today it will print your favorite stock quotes from the New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ, or Mutual Funds, direct from the internet.
- In the 1870s, the Universal Stock Ticker represented what could be considered the very first mass-produced electronic printer. Today, the Universal Stock Ticker reproduction while available only in extremely limited numbers, still functions as an electronic printer. Simply connect it to your computer to get current stock quotes or print personal messages.
- It is manufactured to the strict standards of historical authenticity as certified by Henry Ford Museum & Greenfield Village®, site of the largest collection of Edison patented stock tickers in the world.
- It can print four stored personalized messages without a computer connection, and has a remote control to activate the stored messages.
- It's portable. The Stock Ticker and power module disconnect easily and can be used at other venues without the substantial pedestal and glass dome. A hard-shell case is included for convenient transportation of the Ticker, the power module, and all needed accessories.
The Universal Stock Ticker is:
- Certified historically accurate
- Individually numbered and certified
- Made in America
- 100% authentic
- limited to 125 units worldwide